The Golf Podcast | Live Andrew Stelmack – Author Of “Send In The Clown”, the Moe Norman Story
Moe Norman is a Canadian golf legend, there is limited content available about Moe, author Andrew Stelmack has put together a great story highlighting Moe’s life and has received confirmation from many of Moe’s adoring fans that he has nailed the story.
Andrew shares how he came up with the concept for the novel and his fascination with Moe Norman. We had a great conversation recollecting stories of golf’s greatest ballstriker.
Learn more about Moe Norman:
Norman played the PGA Tour beginning in 1959. After a tournament in New Orleans, PGA officials gave Norman a dressing down regarding his playing antics. Feeling let down by the PGA’s attitude towards him, Norman returned to Canada to play golf.
Norman’s record on the PGA Tour:
- 27 total events played, with 25 cuts made
- 1 top ten finish and 7 top 25 finishes
- $7,139 in tournament prize money
Additionally, Norman played on the Senior PGA Tour from 1981 to 1984:
- 5 total events played, making the cut in all 5 events
- 1 top three finish and 2 top ten finishes
- A tie for third at the Peter Jackson Champions tournament in 1982, with rounds of 70-69-69-69, winning $10,133 in prize money
- $22,983 in total tournament prize money